ANSI C idea: structure literals

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Sun Mar 6 07:37:46 AEST 1988

> >... "Need not convincingly shown; existing constructs can be used to
> >same effect; lack of implementation experience in C."
>
> I think a good case could be made for some such facility...

Um, Doug, please explain how said good case would refute any, let alone
all, of the three objections I cited.  Note that the first objection says
"need", not "wish".  For heaven's sake, have we forgotten that X3J11's
supposed mission was to *standardize* C, not redesign it?!?
--
Those who do not understand Unix are |  Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
condemned to reinvent it, poorly.    | {allegra,ihnp4,decvax,utai}!utzoo!henry