C run-time checking

Wayne D. T. Johnson johnson at c10sd1.StPaul.NCR.COM
Wed Mar 23 05:05:44 AEST 1988

In article <763 at uvm-gen.UUCP> hartley at uvm-gen.UUCP (Stephen J. Hartley) writes:

>Are there C compilers provided by any
>vendors that generate code to perform run-time checking (toggled
>by an option on the command line, say)?

There is no compiler that I know of (but maybe there should be a run time
support library that could do some of it.)

This is a product known as C-TERP.  It is a "C" interpreter.  It executes
"C" source code in a real-time environment (simuler to a BASIC interpreter)
and in the process does some testing of arguments.  It will even allow
you to "link" in your faviourate (my spelling is terable ain't it) object
code to be executed.

This is a PC based product but I think a UNIX version is soon (it not
already) to be announced.

C-Terp is marketed by:
    Gimpel Software
    3207 Hogarth Lane
    Collegeville, PA. 19426
    (215) 584-4261

DIsclaimer: I am in no way related to this company nor am I receiving
            any payment for this statment.  This is a referral, not a
            commercial.

--
Wayne Johnson                 (voice) 612-638-7665
NCR Comten, Inc.           (internet) johnson at ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM or