Don't use Scanf()

Wayne D. T. Johnson johnson at c10sd1.StPaul.NCR.COM
Sat Mar 5 05:44:35 AEST 1988

In article <2401 at ihwpt.ATT.COM> knudsen at ihwpt.ATT.COM (mike knudsen) writes:
>Don't use Scanf() from the C Standard Library if you care
>about the size of your object program.  It uses 5K
>(yes, 5000 bytes) of text space, plus over 200 bytes of Data.
>Ripping it out of my huge music editor really opened things
>up for new features this weekend.

I've also noticed that printf is somwhat bulky.  If you know what you
are going to print out, why not print it out your self instead of
using a (simple) interpreter to do it for you.

Real programmers don't use printf ;-)