Pascal --> C question

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Sat Mar 19 07:56:09 AEST 1988

> Fflush has no business adding newlines, ever, and an fflush need not be
> interactive to be legitimate.  VMS C is broken.

Some folks who are more intimate with VMS C than I am have supplied an
update to this:  Rahul is simply wrong, VMS C does not do this.  Apparently
there are some oddities in file handling that might deceive the unwary into
thinking that something like this was happening, but it's not.
--
Those who do not understand Unix are |  Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
condemned to reinvent it, poorly.    | {allegra,ihnp4,decvax,utai}!utzoo!henry