strcpy

Dave Sill dsill at NSWC-OAS.arpa
Tue Mar 29 04:47:31 AEST 1988

In article <90 at hropus.UUCP> John Young <hropus!jgy> writes:
>If the "contents of the destination string past the null character"
>are not guaranteed why would anyone use strcpy()?

Well, at the risk of sounding flippant, one would use strcpy() to make
a copy of a string.  I personally don't use strcpy() for any other
reason, and I don't see how writing past the null but within the
bounds of the destination array would preclude this.

[In a previous posting I retracted my statement that strcpy() could
write something past the null in the destination string.]

=========
The opinions expressed above are mine.

"We must remove the TV-induced stupor that lies like a fog across the
land."
					-- Ted Nelson