Undelivered mail

MAILER%ALASKA.BITNET at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU MAILER%ALASKA.BITNET at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Sun Mar 13 06:47:50 AEST 1988

Subject:  Re: Another \"D\" idea: RPN (and more)

[Non-Deliverable:  User does not exist or has never logged on]

Date:         Sun, 6 Mar 88 17:14:47 GMT
Sender:       Info-C List <INFO-C at NDSUVM1>
From:         Gregory Conway <gregory at ritcsh.uucp>
Comments: To: info-c at brl-smoke.arpa
To:           Vic Kapella <SXJVK at ALASKA>

In article <12088 at brl-adm.ARPA>, TLIMONCE%DREW.BITNET at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU writes:

> Another thing that "D" should have... actually not have, is pointers. At
> least 85% of the problems discussed here on Info-C are people who have
> some problem with confusion about pointers.  Removing pointers would solve
> this whole set of problems.

     You seem to me to be a little hasty here.  The problem has NOTHING to do
with pointers, but rather people who do not understand pointers who use them
anyways.  Pointers are the most powerful aspect of the C programming language
and are what make it such a joy to work with.  To para-phrase, pointers
don't kill, programmers do.