Looking for recommendations on IBM-PC 'C' communications libraries.

Patrick McCarthy mccarthy at well.UUCP
Thu Mar 3 15:45:37 AEST 1988

In article <624 at crcmar.crc.uucp> patrick at crcmar.crc.uucp writes:

> Can anyone out there make recommendations for a 'C' library for modem
> communications in an IBM-PC/XT/AT.  I am looking for the following
> features:

> o  Ability to control Hayes-type modems.
> o  set-up for auto-answer, and reset if Carrier Detect is lost.
> o  supports time limits for individual users, and limits for pauses
>    between key presses.
> o  allows for system operator monitoring during calls.
> o  compatible with a variety of compilers (i.e., MSC 4.0, 5.0; Turbo C;
>    Lattice C).
> o  source (and object) code.

You might try the C ASYNCH MANAGER from Blaise Computing.  I know it will
support points 1, 5, and 6 and might support 2, although 3 and 4 would
have to be coded by you.  These routines are very flexible, and will
also support XMODEM.  If you have any technical questions, you can call
and ask for Pat (that's me) or Phil.

		Blaise Computing
		2560 Ninth Street Suite 316
		Berkely, CA 94710