Header problems

Richard Harter g-rh at cca.CCA.COM
Thu Mar 10 05:03:21 AEST 1988

In article <604 at naucse.UUCP> jdc at naucse.UUCP (John Campbell) writes:
>In article <25398 at cca.CCA.COM>, g-rh at cca.CCA.COM (Richard Harter) writes:

>I've enjoyed and appreciated Richard's contributions to the net these
>past weeks, but he should realize that not all 'C' code is written on
>unix.  I am (gasp) developing under VMS.  I don't have lint; VMS compiler
>options are suppose to be all I need :-(.

This man is clearly one of the most astute and wisest contributors to
this group :-).  He makes a very good point, which I forgot.  We develop
on UNIX and port to VMS -- so we get to do all our lint checking before
we go into alien environemnts.  The great merit of Lint (versus thorough
compiler diagnostics) is that it cross checks function argument and return
value types.

Are the graves of dreams allowed to die.
	Richard Harter, SMDS  Inc.