Undelivered mail

MAILER%ALASKA.BITNET at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU MAILER%ALASKA.BITNET at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Sat Mar 12 16:22:45 AEST 1988

Subject:  Re: Pascal --> C question

[Non-Deliverable:  User does not exist or has never logged on]

Date:         Thu, 10 Mar 88 17:16:56 GMT
Sender:       Info-C List <INFO-C at NDSUVM1>
Comments:     Warning -- original Sender: tag was netnews at psuvax1.cs.psu.EDU
From:         Scott Schwartz <schwartz at gondor.cs.psu.EDU>
Comments: To: info-c at brl-smoke.arpa
To:           Vic Kapella <SXJVK at ALASKA>

In article <4940001 at hpiacla.HP.COM> mlight at hpiacla.HP.COM (Mike Light ) writes:
>>    SinWave: packed array[0..255] of char;
>>    char SinWave[256];

>Almost any pascal-ism has an equivalent in C (but not necessarily
>the other way around).

Except that the useful ones are never that easy.  One of my favorites:
    bitstring: packed array[0..1023] of boolean;
In C you have to do bit-fiddling by hand to get the same effect.

-- Scott Schwartz                       | Your array may be without head or
        schwartz at gondor.cs.psu.edu      | tail, yet it will be proof against