Machine specific predefined names

David Collier-Brown daveb at geac.UUCP
Tue Mar 1 04:01:02 AEST 1988

In article <7332 at brl-smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
| Far from ignoring the name space pollution problem, a conforming ANSI C
| implementation is absolutely prohibited from infringing on the name
| space reserved for the application, and a conforming application is
| prohibited from preempting those names reserved for the implementation.

  Please note that this is **not** the subject being discussed
previously, but a reasonable work-around for it.  I use the same
workaround.
  That does not make it a solution.  In fact, its presence indicates
that the solution is either unacceptable or undesirable. And that's
what I'm accusing the committee of. (That's the different
discussion, you see.)

 --dave (Yeah, I read it.  It's often pretty good, but...) c-b
--
 David Collier-Brown.                 {mnetor yunexus utgpu}!geac!daveb
 Geac Computers International Inc.,   |  Computer Science loses its