X3J11 response to comments (was: Block Closure)

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at quintus.UUCP
Fri May 6 10:04:55 AEST 1988

In article <1988May4.205251.549 at utzoo.uucp>, henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
> > ... I find this point of
> > view a little bizarre.  It seems to me that a poll tax ensures that
> > most of the responses will come from people who are paid by their
> > employers to write a response...
>
> With the exception of the poorest students, I just don't think $75 is that
> formidable a barrier if one is really determined to comment.

It wasn't enough to stop me getting _one_ copy of one version of the draft,
but it was more than enough to stop me getting a copy of all the subsequent
versions.  (I didn't become an observing member, because the late '86 draft
looked good enough for me to trust X3J11 to do a good job without me.)