#pragma

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Thu May 26 07:22:39 AEST 1988

> I explained how you need to understand #pragma...

You did?  Sorry, Doug, I missed that one.  Perhaps you would repeat it --
by private mail if you don't want to post again -- as #pragma still looks
absolutely wide open to me.  Unless I have made a stupid oversight
somewhere, which is possible, we may have a real problem here.  The fact
that there is (last I heard) disagreement among X3J11 about it strengthens
this hypothesis.  If #pragma is too subtle for mere mortals to understand
its implications, then it's quite irrelevant whether the truth really is
buried there somewhere, because mere mortals are the ones implementing the
compilers.