arrays...

Andrew Scott andrew at teletron.UUCP
Thu May 5 05:49:32 AEST 1988

In article <11325 at mimsy.UUCP>, chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:

> (Of course, if you add unnamed aggregates, you should also add
> unnamed functions.)

I think that unnamed aggregates would be a great extension for some compiler
vendor to add to the language, so that there will be "prior experience" when
we get around to designing "D".  (No, I'm *not* trying to start another round
of "D" postings.)

I was struck by Chris' comment, however.  How would unnamed functions be
implemented?  How would they be used?  The { .. } syntax for aggregate declar-
ations seems natural enough to use for unnamed aggregates, but how would it
be done for functions?

I'm just curious.  I can't think of how I would use this sucker.
--
Andrew Scott
andrew at teletron.uucp	or	{ihnp4, watmath, ..}!alberta!teletron!andrew