Calling C routines from Fortran programs.

Shankar Unni shankar at hpclscu.HP.COM
Thu May 26 02:24:37 AEST 1988

> / hpclscu:comp.lang.c / dik at cwi.nl (Dik T. Winter) / 12:55 pm  May 24, 1988 /
> I know how to call C routines from Fortran programs on the systems
> I work on.  What I want to know is if there are other systems that
> require other methods.

  [Lots of ugly kludges deleted...]

Is there any more persuasive argument for a coherent procedure calling and
naming convention across all compilers on any given architecture?

Apart from the odd stumbling block (like FORTRAN always insisting on passing
parms by ref), writing code in multiple languages can be made sooo easy.

---
shankar