CURSES package for Atari ST

Barnacle Wes wes at obie.UUCP
Thu May 5 01:48:32 AEST 1988

In article <467 at tsc.dec.com>, pete at tsc.dec.com (Pete Schmitt) writes:
> > Wrong!  DEC has several operating systems for the VAX, and NONE of
> > them are named "UNIX."  They have Ultrix, which is a DEC-bastardized
> > port of 4.2BSD, which is sort of Unix.
>
> No, your wrong.  DEC also will sell UNIX SYSV for VAXes.  Developed in
> Holmdel, NJ.  Guess who is the major buyer of DEC's SYSV for the VAX?
> AT&T that's who.

Oops!  I forgot that one, but I was still right about DEC not selling
an OS called "UNIX."  If you will check, the System V for VAXen is
called "Holmdel 32V" or something like that.  The PDP-11 version of
Unix that DEC sells is called V7M11.  Only AT&T gets to call Unix
"Unix."  The system I am typing this on right now is called "Microport
System V/AT."  No "Unix" in the name anywhere!
--
    /\              -  "Against Stupidity,  -    {backbones}!
   /\/\  .    /\    -  The Gods Themselves  -  utah-cs!uplherc!