const void *

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Sun May 1 01:40:52 AEST 1988

In article <3723 at haddock.ISC.COM> karl at haddock.ima.isc.com (Karl Heuer) writes:
>Does say: Something too restrictive, as Dennis has pointed out.
>Has this been resolved yet, Doug?

Yes, the rules for conversion from/to qualified types, particularly by
simple assignment, are being changed to reflect the original intent.
I haven't seen the final form of the words, but I think they will say
something to the effect that qualified and non-qualified types may be
freely interconverted and only an attempt to access storage that
somewhere along the way was at least temporarily qualified is constrained
by the qualifier.