putting stuff in the text segment

Mike McNally m5 at lynx.UUCP
Thu May 26 03:02:45 AEST 1988

Does a widely-accepted syntax extension to put data structures in the
text segment exist?  We are thinking about adding something like this
to our compiler in order to reduce memory use by oft-forked large
applications.  I had in mind a couple of new storage classes, maybe
"rom" and "staticrom".

If you want to complain about non-standard extensions to the language,
please change the subject line so that I can more easily kill the
articles.

--
Mike McNally of Lynx Real-Time Systems

uucp: lynx!m5 (maybe pyramid!voder!lynx!m5 if lynx is unknown)