discrete-event simulation package in c or c++?

bs at alice.UUCP bs at alice.UUCP
Sat May 7 01:29:36 AEST 1988

In article <145 at vuwisor.nz>, vignaux at vuwisor.UUCP writes:
> I need a C or C++ based discrete-event simulation package
> and I am considering developng one if necessary.

> Before I start has anyone else out there developed such
> a package to a useful form?

The C++ shipping tape from AT&T comes with a library of classes that
supports Simula-style event-driven simulation. It is usually referred
to a ``the task system''. There is a paper about it in the release notes
and two in the Proceedings of the USENIX C++ workshop.