CURSES package for Atari ST

Barnacle Wes wes at obie.UUCP
Mon May 2 04:53:48 AEST 1988

In article <457 at nikhefh.hep.nl>, u14 at nikhefh.hep.nl (Daan Josephus Jitta) writes:
> In article xx karl at haddock.ima.isc.com (Karl Heuer) writes:
> Sorry to disturb your dreams, but DEC has two operating systems for
> their VAXes:  UNIX and VMS. And there are a lot of machines not coming
> from DEC running UNIX... UNIX and VAX are not *really* synonomous!

Wrong!  DEC has several operating systems for the VAX, and NONE of
them are named "UNIX."  They have Ultrix, which is a DEC-bastardized
port of 4.2BSD, which is sort of Unix.  (My System V bigotry showing
through again, I see.)  They also have a real-time system called
VAXELN (I think), and then there is good ol' RSX-11, which runs as a
guest on VAXen with the PDP-11 compatibility mode.

To sum up, COULD WE PLEASE GET RID OF THIS USELESS DISCUSSION ON
COMP.SYS.ATARI.ST?  Until VMS or one of the others runs on the ST, it
really doesn't belong here!

	"Thank you for your support."
--
    /\              -  "Against Stupidity,  -    {backbones}!
   /\/\  .    /\    -  The Gods Themselves  -  utah-cs!uplherc!