MSC 5.0 bug?

Cris Simpson is813cs at pyr.gatech.EDU
Fri May 27 12:11:08 AEST 1988

Has anyone seen this "feature" in MSC 5.0?

    xxx.c is about 500 lines.

cl /c /W3 xxx.c

Compiles fine (in about 30 sec.) with 2 or 3 warnings about type conversions.

cl /c /W3 /Zi xxx.c

Hangs after about 25 sec, no warnings, no compiler errors, etc. Time for
the big red switch. Yes, there's plenty of disk space, files=20,etc.

Does anyone have a canonical list of MSC 5.0 bugs?

I'd compile such a list, but disk space on this machine is super-critical,
and I fear for my account.

Thanks, cris

--
||...despair! Despair I can handle, it's the hope...    J.Cleese,Clockwise ||
Cris Simpson