Noalias trivia question

Michael R. DeCorte mrd at sun.mcs.clarkson.edu
Wed May 4 19:56:13 AEST 1988

In article <270 at sdrc.UUCP> scjones at sdrc.UUCP (Larry Jones) writes:

<massive article deleted>

O.K. Now that I know how noalias came and went I have this sense of
dissatisfaction.  I NEED something that will allow me to write a C
compiler that can vectorize and concurentize code.  What should I do?
Tell my boss that he isn't going to get the compiler and tell everyone
to should stop hacking C and start hacking Fortran (yuck!)?  Will
there be anything to resolve this problem?  If there isn't I have only
one option, implement noalias.  It is more standard than anything else
running about.  Please don't take this as a flame, but a very
concerned question expressing a need for a solution that it is not
possible for me to solve as I am not a standard forming committee.

thankyou