Help me cast this!: Ultrix 2.x bug

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.UUCP
Wed May 11 05:29:12 AEST 1988

In article <392 at m3.mfci.UUCP> root at mfci.UUCP (SuperUser) answered:
>By Bjarne Stroustrup, whom I assume simply asked him.

Well, at least we have Big Names :-) .  Perhaps Dennis has changed his
mind since then, or maybe we just disagree.

[rest deleted; read the parent article.]

In any case, the draft proposed standard makes `type (*)[N]' and
`type **' different types, and treats &array (where array is declared
with `type array[N]') as a value of type `type (*)[N]', which is the
way root at mfci.UUCP and I both think things should be.