Delay for a fraction of a second in C

Eli B. Charne echarne at orion.cf.uci.edu
Wed Nov 2 04:40:57 AEST 1988

I am writing a program, in which part of it does a fancy little display
for the user.  However, in order for the user to be able to see it, I need
a delay.

The Unix sleep command will only go in increments of one second.  I was
wondering if someone new of a nice little routine I could use, or has
written one that will let me pause (in the Unix operating system) for
a fraction of a second.  If it could go to 100th of a second, that would
be great!

                                                   Thanks
                                                     -Eli

                                                zecharne at uci.bitnet