DIV and MOD ( was: Something IBM did right )

Dave Jones djones at megatest.UUCP
Sat Nov 12 07:57:30 AEST 1988

>From article <664 at quintus.UUCP>, by ok at quintus.uucp (Richard A. O'Keefe):

> Dave Jones' arguments, and arguments I have received by E-mail from
> someone else, boil down to
> 	"_I_ haven't had the wit to see a use for it, so it's _baaaad_."

[ Author's note: The following has undergone four rounds of
  toning down. ]

I suggest that the reader compare the two postings side by side
and determine for themselves which speaks to mathematical utility
and which makes unsubstantuated value claims.

I also hope that in the future, Mr. O'Keefe will refrain from
impugning the "wit" of fellow participants.

		Best regards,

		Dave J.