function prototype problem

Mark Lawrence mark at drd.UUCP
Fri Nov 18 01:42:29 AEST 1988

In article <310 at drd.UUCP>, I wrote:
	I compile the following code fragment:
	[frag deleted]

rkl1 at hound.UUCP (K.LAUX) wrote:

	I don't think the compiler is complaining at all about the function
	prototype for rpeet;  it's complaining about the call to MEMSET.

	The function prototype for memset () is:

	void *memset (void *dest, int c, size_t count);

What the compiler _should_ gripe about and what it _does_ can, I
suppose, be argued (not by me, however, I'm out of my league).
However, when I declared the argument types in the definition using
new-style, the compiler quit complaining.