CALL FOR VOTES - comp.bbs.xbbs

Peter Franks pete at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Fri Nov 4 02:13:03 AEST 1988

In article <417 at chief.UUCP> root at chief.UUCP (Lance Ellinghouse) writes:
>I'm calling for votes, either YES or NO, for a new news group called
>  comp.bbs.xbbs
>
>This group would discuss different areas concerning one of the fastest growing
>*nix BBSes around. Also the source and revisions will be posted here to make
>it easy for people to keep current with XBBS. Also utilities that people write
>for it will be made available for it here.
> [. . .]

I think it's rather selfish to name a group after a single bbs if its intent
is to have discussions of ALL unix BBSes.  How about 'comp.unix.bbs' for the
main discussions and subgroups (if necessary) for specific discussions and
source/update/utilities, etc.

I do agree, though, that something like this is needed.  I don't like to
wade through alt.bbs and find nothing about unix boards.

--
Remember:
	No matter how obnoxious it gets, you CANNOT execute a device!