cdecl on a PC

Mark A. Charette charette at edsews.EDS.COM
Mon Nov 28 11:11:22 AEST 1988

> In article <824 at starfish.Convergent.COM>, cdold at starfish.Convergent.COM (Clarence Dold) writes:
>> From me :
>> cdecl on PC, works, etc.
> When I saw this request, I thought I was confused.
> Now I know I'm confused.
> If I open a QuickC file, and put cdecl(

Sorry - I wasn't clear (and I program on a PC at home - maybe there's a
relationship ;^> ).

The cdecl I was referring to is a program which analyzes C declarations and
spits out amazingly good english descriptions of what the declaration
refers to.

cdecl in the Microsoft languages is a keyword which specifies that C style
parameters and calling conventions will be used. This keyword (cdecl) is
of use when  Mixed-Language programs will be used (anyone remember INTER
OPTION ASM or INTER OPTION COBOL or INTER OPTION FORTRAN :^( ).

Again, sorry if I confused anyone on a PC out there. Get cdecl (the
program) from your local, friendly archive site. You'll be glad you did.

--
Mark Charette             "People only like me when I'm dumb!", he said.
Electronic Data Systems   "I like you a lot." was the reply.