A lint question

Rahul Dhesi dhesi at bsu-cs.UUCP
Tue Nov 29 13:55:58 AEST 1988

In article <1256 at vsedev.VSE.COM> logan at vsedev.VSE.COM (James Logan III)
writes:
>function argument ( number ) used inconsistently
>    malloc( arg 1 )   	llib-lc(338) :: findlinks.c(114)
>    read( arg 3 )   	llib-lc(104) :: findlinks.c(127)

Perhaps your lint library declares the argument to malloc, and the
third argument to read, as unsigned, while you declare them as int.

(Sigh.)  You can't always make the same code lint properly under both
SVR2 and 4.3BSD because of this.  Damned if I do, unsigned if I don't.
--
Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!dhesi