MSC v5.1 bug; variable not made public

Steve Creps creps at silver.bacs.indiana.edu
Thu Nov 3 06:00:51 AEST 1988

In article <792 at euraiv1.UUCP> evas at euraiv1.UUCP (Eelco van Asperen) writes:
>I've just found a nice bug in MSC v5.1; if you declare an unitialized
>variable in a module that has no other publics and put that module in
>a library, the variable will _not_ be found by LINK. Here's a small

   That problem is also in MSC 4.0. I too noticed that initializing the
variable makes the problem go away. It's also possible that the bug is
actually in LIB, as the uninitialized variable still shows up in the .obj
file when I do a strings on it.

Steve Creps, Indiana University, Bloomington, home of the "Hoosiers"
	creps at silver.bacs.indiana.edu (129.79.1.6)
	{inuxc,rutgers,uunet!uiucdcs,pur-ee}!iuvax!silver!creps
	creps at iubacs.bitnet (forwarded)