function prototype problem

Sean Fagan seanf at sco.COM
Sun Nov 20 08:21:23 AEST 1988

In article <412 at babbage.acc.virginia.edu> mac3n at babbage.acc.virginia.edu (Alex Colvin) writes:
>In article <8916 at smoke.BRL.MIL>, gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
>> In article <1736 at scolex> seanf at sco.COM (Sean Fagan) writes:
>> >So, the moral of the story:  Don't pass in char's, short's, or float's to
>> >your subroutines unless you want a Real(tm) ANSI C compiler to choke on it
[both Doug and Alex complain]

*arggh*!  I forgot the blasted '8-)'!  I *like* ANSI C!  I also *like*
passing in char, short, or floats, when it will make my meaning clearer!

However, I also prefer declaring parameters the old-style way, since it can
save me typing.  I want the best of both worlds!  Surely this isn't too much
to ask for? 8-;

Again, I think most ANSI-C compilers will support this as an option, and I
*still* think GNU C should (just wait until I can get some free time...!).

--
Sean Eric Fagan  | "Engineering without management is *ART*"
seanf at sco.UUCP   |     Jeff Johnson (jeffj at sco)