help with a MESSY C definition!!?

danr at hcx2.SSD.HARRIS.COM danr at hcx2.SSD.HARRIS.COM
Sun Nov 20 04:59:00 AEST 1988

/* Written 12:09 am  Nov 16, 1988 by dlee at s.cs.uiuc.edu in hcx2:comp.lang.c */
/* ---------- "help with a MESSY C definition!!?" ---------- */

> [intro]  I
> need the syntax of definition for an array (of arbitrary size) of pointers to
> functions returning pointers to integer (HOW'S *THAT* FOR A DOOZY!!!).  My
> closest (possibly correct) guess follows:
>
> 	int *(*opfuncs[])() = {
>		.
>		.
>		.
>	};
>
>I would appreciate any corrections/verifications.
> Doug Lee
/* End of text from hcx2:comp.lang.c */

	By my copy of cdecl:

	me: "explain int *(*opfuncs[])()"
	cdecl: "declare opfuncs as array of pointer to function returning
		pointer to int"

	so it looks as though you hit the right one on the first shot.
	Good luck.

PARA-QUOTE:	It is better to remain quiet and be thought a fool,
		than to open one's mouth and remove all shade of doubt.
                               ||   Internet: danr at hcx1.ssd.harris.com
    Daniel G. Rittersdorf      ||
      Harris Corporation       ||             ...!novavax---\
   Computer Systems Division   ||   UUCP:     ...!uunet-------!hcx1!danr
   Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309   ||             ...!mit-eddie-/