v05i053: A "safe" replacement for gets()

Guy Harris guy at auspex.UUCP
Thu Nov 24 03:48:22 AEST 1988

>>|Say WHAT?  Works fine on all the compilers I know of.  "Preprocessor"
>>|macros don't require that you give the exact same amount of white space
>>|in the invocation as you gave in the definition...
>
>Definitions of parameterized macros ("function-like" macros in X3J11speak)
>have always been required to have the "(" immediately following the
>identifier.

And therefore, since uses of parameterized macros don't require that,
preprocessor macros don't require that you give the same amount of white
space in the invocation as you gave in the definition....