Borland Turbo C 1.5 (Medium --> Large)

Mark J. Bailey root at mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US
Sun Nov 13 08:49:14 AEST 1988

Recently, I was working on a project that had started small and has
gradually grown to such that the medium memory model on my turbo
C 1.5 was insufficient to handle it.  I figured that I would just
switch to the LARGE model and all would be well.  Well it wasn't.
When I went to the large model, some fgets statements that loaded
data into a string pointer that had some memory attached to it by
a malloc froze up the entire computer when it made the fgets call.

Has anyone else experienced this?  And if so, or if not so too, what
might be the cause of it?  I am not very familiar (as I should be)
with the main difference (advantages/disadvantages) of the MEDIUM
and LARGE models.  Would going to HUGE solve my problems or create
more?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

--
Mark J. Bailey                                    "Y'all com bak naw, ya hear!"
USMAIL: 511 Memorial Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37129 ___________________________