Variable-length messages.

Clayton Cramer cramer at optilink.UUCP
Thu Nov 3 03:41:37 AEST 1988

In article <1695 at garth.UUCP>, smryan at garth.UUCP (Steven Ryan) writes:
> >The dream *IS* alive...         |    Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
> >but not at NASA.                |uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu
>
> Obviously the Canadian technique, never to dream at all, is superior.
>
> I don't know if Henry is an American working in Canada or a Canadian working in
> Canada but it certainly looks like a Canadian poking at US internal affairs.
>
> Americans do make nasty jokes about Canada, but I've never seen anybody
> use this forum to make them.

You haven't been reading this forum for very long.

Henry's objections are to NASA, not necessarily the U.S.  (Henry's other
comments on USENET demonstrate strong Americophile tendencies, so I
don't mistake his criticisms of NASA for the sort of blatant anti-
American nonsense that sometimes crosses the border.  I do get irritated
by the bumper sticker level of depth of those signature quotes, though).

--
Clayton E. Cramer
..!ames!pyramid!kontron!optilin!cramer