Programming and international character sets.

Russ Nelson nelson at sun.soe.clarkson.edu
Tue Nov 1 04:08:45 AEST 1988

In article <8045 at j.cc.purdue.edu> nwd at j.cc.purdue.edu (Daniel Lawrence) writes:

   In article <532 at krafla.rhi.hi.is> kjartan at rhi.hi.is (Kjartan R. Gudmundsson) writes:

   >How difficult is it convert american/english programs so that they
   >can be used to handle foreign text? The answer of course depends
   >on the language

   So when you see the next version of MicroEMACS, it will have
   a user changable upper/lowercase mapping function (which is working
   right now).

Same for Freemacs.  I also used to take over the keyboard interrupt (INT 9),
but some of the international users complained that it broke their keyboard
mapper (not to mention the fact that it lost with TSRs), so I took it out.
--
--russ (nelson at clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])
To surrender is to remain in the hands of barbarians for the rest of my life.