pointers, tests, casts

Brendan J. McMahon bjm at sabin.UUCP
Wed Nov 30 04:18:15 AEST 1988

In article <4860 at bsu-cs.UUCP> dhesi at bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) writes:
>Sadly, the only UNIX programming textbook I've seen on the market, by
>Rochkind, consistently uses 0 and NULL as actual parameters without any
>cast.  This may be because Rochkind did all his programming using Venix

Well,  I have learned a great deal from that book.  But when verifying
your claim, I noticed the use of gets() in his getargs function for his
shell!  Thank God for USENET gurus to set me straight (or at least getting
me so confused that I am forced to verify everything that I read anywhere.)

--
Brendan J. McMahon
Sabin Metal Corp. |     Refiners of Precious Metals    | Hardware Trouble?