Secure 'C' library - string I/O (Re: retiring gets(3))

Mike Haertel mike at stolaf.UUCP
Sun Nov 13 10:16:30 AEST 1988

In article <14486 at mimsy.UUCP> chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>(The `_PROTO_(x)' macro expands to `x' if __STDC__, else to `'.)  [The
>prototypes in our <stdio.h> wreak minor havoc with GCC.  GCC needs more
>type-correctness internally.]

Have you reported this directly to RMS (bug-gcc at prep.ai.mit.edu)?
If you do (and better, if you send him a fix) he will most likely act
on it within the week.  (My experience this summer was that he fixed
bugs the same day I complained about them . . .)

---
Mike Haertel
Really mike at stolaf.UUCP, but I read mail at mike at wheaties.ai.mit.edu.