Run-time Checks for C

Paul James Coene Drool at cup.portal.com
Tue Nov 29 10:39:14 AEST 1988

Sorry, no included article as I'm not used to my new system for postinf...

In a mention of bounds checking, a reference was made to a C interpreter
that does boundary checking, etc.  We are using such a beast at work.  Its
called Saber C, and does seem to do this type of checking.  Because of the
diffi
difficulty of the task, however, this checking can become tedious.  Not
only are bounds checked, but also usage checks are made based on how a
ssection of code was allocated.  This makes applying "skeleton" structures
upon data areas very tedious, as all access, even when properly cast,
cause run time warnings.

In general, Saber does a good job of load time (linty) type checks, and
mmany run time checks.  If anyone is interested, I'll post their Mail
addreess.