Date Coversion Routines

gordan gordan at maccs.McMaster.CA
Thu Oct 20 11:09:30 AEST 1988

In article <483 at midgard.mn.org> dal at syntel.UUCP (Dale Schumacher) writes:
-In article <1483 at maccs.McMaster.CA> gordan at maccs.UUCP () writes:
-|
-|The two functions are astonishingly short, using some sort of floating
-|point trickery.  They seemed to work when I tested them.  Conversion to
-|C is left as an exercise for the reader.
-
-I don't think floating point is required.  I know that it isn't for the
-formula that I have.  I haven't compared the to closely enough (nor do I

[code omitted]

Yes, but the code you supply only does   D/M/Y --> JD, not vice versa.

Believe it or not, there's a one-line Fortran statement that does
D/M/Y --> JD, which was also published in Sky & Telescope in 1984.

Actually it was the "vice versa" routine (JD --> D/M/Y) that did the
floating point.