variable number of strings passed to function - how?

Burris burris at ihuxz.ATT.COM
Tue Oct 25 01:46:02 AEST 1988

OK folks, enough already!!!

In my attempt to be helpful in offering possible solutions to the
requested problem I have received a few very patronizing responses.

I tried to qualify my examples but obviously goofed by not being
more specific.

K & R pg. 186 copyright 1976 states,

"...The order of evaluation or arguments is undefined by the language,
take note that the various compilers differ."

I was showing examples based on my experience with approx. 10 different
C compilers on 4 different processors that all acted the way I stated.
This is not necessarily the way your compiler will handle things. It
is nonetheless an indication of how one might go about solving such
a problem.

I appreciate some of the responses that pointed out my omission of
possibly important facts but some of you folks could stand to come down
from your "high horse" long enough to take things in the nature they
were intended, as attempts to be helpful to someone asking for solutions
to problems they wish to solve.

My apologies for not being more specific!

Dave Burris
..!att!ihuxz!burris