Seconds from 19xx to Date (and visa

The Beach Bum jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US
Thu Oct 6 22:33:12 AEST 1988

In article <44100014 at hcx2> danr at hcx2.SSD.HARRIS.COM writes:
>>   Does anyone have a routine to change back and forth between
>>seconds from 19xx to a Year, Month, Day sort of Date?
>
>	You might want to look at the man page for ctime(), if you have
>access to one.  it is in the standard library, so you don't need to write
>anything bu the function call.

I'd forgotten completely about unctime [ emitc ] which was recently posted.

There is a recently posted function which understands ctime output format
and can convert a ctime string into a long integer time.

It was posted in comp.sources.misc in the last few months.
--
John F. Haugh II (jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US)                   HASA, "S" Division

      "Why waste negative entropy on comments, when you could use the same
                   entropy to create bugs instead?" -- Steve Elias