Broken compilers (Was Portability of passing/operating on structures)

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Wed Oct 26 05:45:14 AEST 1988

In article <7356 at ihlpl.ATT.COM> knudsen at ihlpl.ATT.COM (Knudsen) writes:
>This is my main objection to structure and array assignment and
>passing.  Aside from being hideously wasteful of time and stack space,
>they permit common typo errors (omission of &) to go undetected.

I brought this up, and it was pointed out that this is what function
prototypes are for. I'm happy with this, and as soon as they bring the
compiler I use up to X3J11 I'll be ecstatic.

Don't worry. Be happy. it's in there.
--
Peter da Silva  `-_-'  Ferranti International Controls Corporation
"Have you hugged  U  your wolf today?"     uunet.uu.net!ficc!peter
Disclaimer: My typos are my own damn business.   peter at ficc.uu.net