Rearranging FP expressions

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.ARPA
Mon Oct 3 13:35:13 AEST 1988

In article <12393 at oberon.USC.EDU> english at panarea.usc.edu (Joe English) writes:
>Didn't I read somewhere that the unary + operator can be used to
>suppress rearrangement of the enclosed expression?

Unary plus was going to have this property, but when the decision
was made to honor parenthesis grouping, that aspect of unary plus
was rescinded.

>Which reminds me: are there any good books out yet giving a complete
>description of the dpANS?  I wish K&R had waited another coupla months
>before they published Edition 2...

K&R/2 is close enough to the finally approved ANS to serve as a guide.
Plum Hall has a book entitled something like "Notes on the Draft C
Standard" by Tom Plum that covers the things you need to know.  I don't
recall whether it includes "noalias" but be advised that "noalias" did
not survive to reach the final standard.