FORTRAN to C interfacing help needed

Miles O'Neal meo at stiatl.UUCP
Fri Oct 21 00:40:28 AEST 1988

In article <998 at aluxp.UUCP> wg at aluxp.UUCP (Bill Gieske) writes:
>I would like to interface FORTRAN routines to C routines.  How can I best go
>about this?  The only method I have found thus far is using FORTRAN common
>and a C external data structure.

This is VERY system-dependent. VMS, for instance, supports a consistent
calling interface between languages, altho there are a few gotchas. Some
of the other vendors do this also (MicroSoft, bless their pointy little
heads, claims they do this, too (Ive never tried]. But sharing "commons"
should be fairly portable. It would be helpful if you mentioned OS, HW,
and any portability requirements.
Any opinions, facts, fantasies, theories, fallacies and/or lies which
may or may not have been expressed in this posting or elsewhere,  may
or may not belong  to myself,  my employer,  the building management,
Atlanta, Fulton County, public and/or private utilities serving such,
the State of GA, the USA,  or God himself. No other warranties apply,
implied or stated. For further information, call 1(800)HOO-HAHA.