Broken compilers (Was Portability of passing/operating on structures)

david wald wald-david at CS.YALE.EDU
Tue Oct 25 09:50:21 AEST 1988

In article <7356 at ihlpl.ATT.COM> knudsen at ihlpl.ATT.COM (Knudsen) writes:
>This is my main objection to structure and array assignment and
>passing.  Aside from being hideously wasteful of time and stack space,
>they permit common typo errors (omission of &) to go undetected.

If you consider this a language problem, then why are you writing in the
language that uses both = and == as operators?

This is not a flame against clarity, but, given the general style of C,
the "omission of &" problem doesn't seem a very strong argument.

David Wald                                              wald-david at yale.UUCP
						       waldave at yalevm.bitnet