What goes on stack?

Scott Wilson swilson%thetone at Sun.COM
Fri Oct 21 07:44:51 AEST 1988

>  Help!  I'm working with Turbo C version 1.5.  My program is large (about
>30,000 lines) and deals with large arrays (static and dynamic) and many
>[...]
>  Other than return addresses, register values, and paramaters, what else
>does Turbo C put on the stack?

The other important category that uses stack space is the non-register
local variables of a function.  If the "large arrays (... dynamic)" that
you refer to are a function's local data (as opposed to mallocing space
for an array) then this is probably where your problem is.

Scott Wilson		arpa: swilson at sun.com
Sun Microsystems	uucp: ...!sun!swilson
Mt. View, CA