getch() and getche() in MSC 4.0

Lawrence V. Cipriani lvc at cbnews.ATT.COM
Fri Oct 28 01:26:55 AEST 1988

In article <8764 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>All C implementations should provide toupper() via <ctype.h>.
>Don't use _toupper(), which may not even exist in many implementations.

A related suggestion...  I have a program that makes '_' an alphabetic
by changing _ctype[].  This was a bad idea since 1) the "array" has a
different name on different systems, eg. BSD vs. AT&T, and 2) the #define
symbols for character class definition, eg. _U vs. _UPPER (in uSoft) vary
as well.

--
Larry Cipriani, AT&T Network Systems, Columbus OH, cbnews!lvc lvc at cbnews.ATT.COM