Bugs in OS9/68K C-Compiler ?

Uni Leoben rzmul3 at tuvie
Wed Oct 26 20:23:00 AEST 1988

Hi Heino,

Seems like most of your troubles are a result from the Microware CPP.
The Decus CPP (ported to OS-9 by the TOP people) handles all of your example
programs correct. It doesn't support the -g debugging option, though.

For the 'return 0 != ptr' problem : I don't know why, but 'return ptr != 0'
works. Apparently the compiler automatically casts integers to pointers
on comparisons but doesn't cast pointers to integers. I don't know what
K&R says to this case. Perhaps someone with more C insight could comment
on this.

-- Tom Leitner / Joanneum Research Association / Austria