Changing a data segment to a code segment in OS/2

Kevin_P_McCarty at cup.portal.com Kevin_P_McCarty at cup.portal.com
Mon Oct 24 18:02:22 AEST 1988

For those who may have been misled by
article <8810211337.AA19395 at ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>
(which was posted over 10 days ago, but just reached this site)
in which TAMURA at HLERUL5.BITNET (Tamura Jones) remarks

>The person reffered to is Ed Iaccobucci and he wrote the book
>"Inside OS/2", published by Microsoft Press.
>Warning #1: there exist another book with the same title
>Warning #2: The book contains no source code, it explains the
>concept and ideas behind OS/2, nothing more.

The book by Ed Iacobucci, the leader of the IBM OS/2 design team,
is called "OS/2 Programmer's Guide", published by Microsoft Press.
The book contains a considerable amount of source code, mostly
assembly language, and explains considerably more than just
concepts and ideas.  There is enough code that a separate diskette
is offered as a companion to the book.

The other book, called "Inside OS/2", is by a senior OS/2 architect
at Microsoft (whose name escapes me).  According to my ever-faulty
memory, Warning #2 is accurate regarding this book.

Ok, back to C.

Kevin McCarty