C Compiler Bug (yes, another one)

Kim Kempf kim at mcrware.UUCP
Wed Oct 19 00:06:26 AEST 1988

In article <7201 at ihlpl.ATT.COM>, knudsen at ihlpl.ATT.COM (Knudsen) writes:
> YACCB == Yet Another Microware OS9/6809 'C' Compiler Bug (just what we
> needed).
> This one is strange, and probably occurs only when the compiler is
> overloaded by a big source file.
>
> After a *very* long main() function definition,
> and a couple of static arrays,
> I had several more very short function bodies.
> The second one looked like
> [non interesting lines deleted]
> and the compiler tagged the "int x" as "redeclaration of x."

You might want to try compiling the program on Nuxi or run it through
the "cb" to find the unbalanced braces you overlooked in the "very
long main() function" that preceeds this.  Or, mail me the source
file and I'll point out the problem for you.  Since moving the function
elsewhere changes the problem, this is the likely problem.

We understand the confusion and frustration one suffers when confronted
with problems of this sort...apologies are gladly accepted :-)